cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Wifi is ok, but network concerns

OK, story so far.  Last year my SmartHub broke which i was semi pleased about as i wanted an excuse to upgrade - i went for TP-Link AC2800.  Had lots of problems and had to have months of back and forth with TP-Link. They sent 2 replacement routers, but still it wasn't stable. In the end, they offered me Deco M5 Mesh in exchange.

I had a HH5 in the cupboard, so that's what i'm using now.

Fast forward 9 months and whilst my wifi coverage is pretty good, i have concerns about the router.  I am running PLEX media server; 4 smart TVs; lots of phones, laptops, ipads (family of 4).   I have recently added CCTV.

So, to my question.  I'd love to upgrade, but i had such a bad experience with TP-Link.  How can i tell if my HH5 is causing any bottlenecks and if it is, what can i switch to?  BT want £200 for SmartHub2 but in 5 months my contract is up so i assume i'll get it for free (ish).   Do i wait ... or do i switch to something like a Nighthawk ... or is HH5 ok?

Thanks!!!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Wifi is ok, but network concerns

there is no longer a free new hub when you renew your contract.  if your hub is faulty then report fault to 150 and get replacement

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings