cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Wifi issues with a new Panasonic smart tv

Go to solution

Hello,

I’ve just spent a fruitless few hours trying to connect our new Panasonic smart tv to our wifi (we have a BT Smart hub 2). The tv finds the network no problem in the setup stage, but upon entering the password it appears to try to connect, followed by just returning to the original screen with ‘no connection’ displayed. I also tried the WPS button option- again the tv appears to try to connect, but nada. The wifi strength in the room is showing as maximum on the symbol on the tv and also on my phone in the same room. I ran an internet speed test and got 51.1mbps download speed and 13.3mbps upload speed. 

I tried the trusty ‘unplug and then factory reset’ trick with the tv. Then attempted the above again. Still no joy. 

I then moved the tv to another room to see what happened if I plugged it straight into the hub with an ethernet cable. It immediately connected. Unfortunately the room I bought it for isn’t in pluggable distance from the hub, hence buying a wifi enabled one. 

I then attempted to manually input IP and DNS information into the tv. Again the tv attempts to connect but doesn’t. No error codes or messages come up on the tv at all. Just ‘not connected’.

On looking at the tech logs on BT hub manager I can see these manual attempts at connecting. They’re shown as:

21:23:44, 26 Jan.2.4G client Mac: CC:D3:C1:7C:C5:81 Deauthentications (Reason:Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS)

21:23:23, 26 Jan.5G client Mac: CC:D3:C1:7C:C5:81 Deauthentications (Reason:Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS).

Have any of you got an idea of what this means? And even better any idea of how to solve my issue?

Thank you! 
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Wifi issues with a new Panasonic smart tv

Go to solution

Check that you have turned off Smart Setup What is Smart Setup on the BT Hub? How can I turn it on and off? | BT Help

Then, temporarily, turn off the 5GHz on the router and try again. Once the TV has (hopefully) connected, you can turn the 5GHz on again

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Hi Les,

Thanks for that. I've just tried turning off the smart set up and the 5GHz and as before I can select the network but after entering the password it's the same as before - no error message, just says 'not connected'.

I also tried it with just the smart set up turned off and the 5GHz on. The same happened.

The tech log shows the attempt again, but with similar entries as before.

16:22:52, 27 Jan.
WHW INFO A station STA(CC:D3:C1:7C:C5:81) leave WHW infrastructure

16:22:52, 27 Jan.

2.4G client Mac: CC:D3:C1:7C:C5:81 Deauthentications (Reason:Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS)

16:22:42, 27 Jan.

ARP [add] br0(wl1) 192.168.1.206 3c:a0:67:bc:6a:75

16:22:38, 27 Jan.

WHW INFO A station (SmartHub2)IF[2.4G](F0:86:20:35:99:13):STA(CC:D3:C1:7C:C5:81)(Legacy Device) join WHW infrastructure.

I'm stumped as to what to try next other than repackaging the tv up and asking the courier to come and return it to store. 😫

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Are you trying to connect the TV to a WiFi Disc? if so try connecting directly to the hub either by moving the TV closer to it or by turning the disc off

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

@Les-Gibson wrote:

Are you trying to connect the TV to a WiFi Disc? if so try connecting directly to the hub either by moving the TV closer to it or by turning the disc off

Or connect the TV directly to the Ethernet port on the disc. The TV will have a network connection, and that will be much more reliable.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

@JennyMac 

As it works when connected to the home hub, then this would be a much better option.

https://shop.bt.com/products/bt-broadband-extender-600-kit-084284-BVFL.html

It will link the TV to the home hub using the mains wiring.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Hi Les, 

Not trying to connect to a wifi disc - I don’t have one, just the hub itself which is in the room next door. I initially suspected a signal issue but the tv shows the network as having max signal, as do other devices in the room. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Hi Keith,

I was just looking at this... might be onto something there! 😀

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

I can see that your TV has established a connection at some point and been allocated an IP address so the question is why does it not stay connected.

Try telling the TV to forget all existing networks and remove the device (the TV) at 192.168.1.206 on the hub manager then follow the advice in message 2 in this thread and try setting the network up again only this time, go for a Static IP address instead of an automatic one.
Valid values would be (for example)

IP Address: 192.168.1.10.
SubNet: Mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.254 

Just for clarity, make sure that when the TV asks for a network password that is the Wireless password that you enter and not the admin password (I don't mean to be insulting but I know people who've done it)

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

@JennyMacwrote:

Hi Les, 

Not trying to connect to a wifi disc - I don’t have one, just the hub itself which is in the room next door. 

That's Interesting, have you tried a factory reset of the hub

0 Ratings