Go to solution

Hi Les,

I have tried the reset for the hub with no luck. 😕

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Re: Wifi issues with a new Panasonic smart tv

Go to solution

Hi Les,

Also tried removing the tv from the hub manager, and taking the tv back to factory settings to remove the networks. 

I used the static IPs again (they were actually what I’d used the first attempts too) 

IP 192.168.1.140

subnet mask exactly as what you had

gateway 192.168.1.254

But unfortunately it all gives the same ‘no connection’ result. 

Although using the admin password in error completely sounds like something I would do, I’ve definitely been using the wifi password (same as on our phones and other smart tv). In fact on one occasion I made a typo and immediately got an ‘incorrect password’ message on the tv! 😂

I’ve bitten the bullet and ordered the plug in broadband extenders from BT as per Keith’s suggestion, so I can try plugging the tv into that via ethernet. Hopefully that’ll do it - although it is frustrating to spend more money out. If that fails the tv will definitely be going back, as my other smart tv (Samsung) was connected to the wifi in seconds all the way upstairs with no messing around at all. I would have gone for another Samsung but I was trying to save on having to replace the tv wall bracket as the fixings for the Samsung are completely different sizes to what was already there (replaced an old Panasonic tv). 😂

Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

The plug in extenders should do the job but I appreciate your annoyance.

It seems it's a common issue, if you search "bt home hub panasonic smart tv" from Google you'll find a number of posts on this community on the same subject.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks Les!

I appreciate your help! 😃