cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 15

Wifi keeps disconnecting

I have infinity 2 + hh 3. Problem is that every 10-15mns the wifi signal drops and all my devices are being disconnected from the hub. The signal quickly recovers and devices all reconnect - speed is fine and signal is strong otherwise. Advise on what the issue is here? Issue is particulary bad and more frequent in the evenings.

I have done all the "standard" suggestions: resetting the router, placing the router in a central location away from interference etc. but it has not resolved the situation.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Wifi keeps disconnecting

If you haven't already done these,

Try a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds.

If you have a Windows wireless PC or laptop you can use a command prompt to scan for surrounding networks and what channel they are using.

Press Windows+R and type cmd. In the command prompt box type netsh wlan show all

This will show you the wireless channels that your Homehub/router is transmitting on as well as the surrounding networks. You want to take a note of the channels in use and change your Homehub onto a channel that is not being used.

See Link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14094/~/how-do-i-change-the-wireless-channel-on-my-bt...

or if you prefer you could download and install inSSIDer which is a program that will scan for and show wireless networks and you can then connect to the least congested one.

See link for inSSIDer

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5936-inssider.html

0 Ratings
lofagi788
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

I have the same problem here. I'm sure i dont need to explain this. Actually its not a big problem if i'm just surfing or downloading, but when i'm playing online, it's so annoying. It's annoying becouse i need to pay £39 for this SERVICE!

btwifi.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

an ssid of BTWIFI would suggest that is not your home network and therefore will fluctuate as the owner of the network uses the connection  BTWIFI is not intended for gaming use

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
lofagi788
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

BTWifi or BTOpenzone-B isnt it a hotspot for everyone?

0 Ratings
lofagi788
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Buy wi-fi access If i pay for this £39 realy dont i deserve the good connecting??? And actually there wasnt any problem before.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

Are you are paying £39 per month for access to BTWifi ?

0 Ratings
lofagi788
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Yes. 😞

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

Obviously I don't know your circumstances or location but have you considered either getting broadband installed or as an alternative if you have a good 3g phone signal, tethering your computer to your phone and using its data connection. Even if you had to buy more data for the phone it might work out cheaper than £39 per month.

0 Ratings
lofagi788
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Well, yes, the circumstances are not so good. But and there is a big but, my friend is connecting to the internet the same way as i and he lives across the road. Actually he has more ping in the game than me, but his connecting is still stable. I tried the mobile dongle but it was still worse for gaming at least here. I'm living in Ripley atm. And as i said before, there wasnt any problem like this before.

0 Ratings