cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Wifi network

Go to solution

Hi all - just ordered and received a whole home tripple pack but really disappointed the first one seemingly needs to be hard ethernet connected to my smart hub 2 so in effect you only get the benefit of 2 discs around the house. Maybe I’m getting it wrong? I tried the normal bt app that manages the hub to ‘add disc’ but that didn’t work so used the whole home app which worked fine but only with the first hard wired to the hub. Can you have all 3 discs wirelessly connected to the hub for maximum coverage? If not what is the ‘add disc’ in the main bt app supposed to do vs whole home app? Of course I want the benefit of mesh but perhaps naively assumed smart hub 2 would manage that with these expensive discs. For info the connected is full fibre to the premises. Thanks all!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Wifi network

Go to solution

@Rjohn 

You cannot link the white discs to the smart hub 2, one needs to be physically connected to it.

Only the black ones can link to the smart hub 2. You can get those supplied by BT if you upgrade to BT Complete WIFI.

https://www.bt.com/help/bt-halo/what-is-complete-wi-fi-

It may be a better option to return the white disks and use the black ones instead.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you Keith - now I understand! I agree re practicality but am personally a little frustrated BT have chosen to limit the connection options in this way. As I understand it complete wifi is £10 extra per month so every year id spend £120 and wouldn’t own the black discs as I can do with the white - it feels like they’re taking advantage. Has anyone complained to BT previously about this? Either the black discs should be available to buy outright or the white discs work without one hard connection, poor customer experience in my view that’s misleading to consumers in the whole home adverts. Welcome any perspectives and thanks again Keith for having helped so quickly.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@Rjohn You can buy the black discs outright, they are £104 each on Amazon, that is the new price, but they do have some Amazon renewed ones at £89.99.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Very helpful to know, thank you!

0 Ratings