cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Wifi speed

My wifi speed has been woefully slow over the last couple of weeks. The BT app says my hub is receiving around 70mb when I test through the app but on any other speed test I'm getting less than 1mb, strangelythe upload speed is always 5mb or higher. I can only assume the hub is the issue. I've tried reseting it but never makes any difference. I don't have anything I can easily try on a wired connection so at a bit of a loss as to what to try next. Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Wifi speed

Without trying with an Ethernet connection you won't know whether it's a WiFi problem, a router problem or possibly congestion.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks. I thought that might be the case. I'll move my pc in the morning and give that a try on ethernet to confirm either way.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

On an ethernet connection I got 70 d/l speed and 19 u/l and at the same time less than 1 d/l speed and 5 u/l on wifi.

I did have about an hour yesterday evening where I got 70 and 19 through wifi but then went back to around 1 d/l for the rest of the evening. Still getting high speeds through ethernet. Just really confused as to what could be causing it. 

The only other devices we have that should be using it are a hive hub and 2 wireless thermostats. We have a couple of echo devices but these are always off unless we are using them.

0 Ratings