cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ROOREW
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Wifi usage connected to broadband usage?

Is the broadband usage affected by the amount of internet time used through wifi?

For the last 2 months i have received the email to say my 40GB usage is nearly all used up and i'm not convinced i have used that much! However my brother has been with us for the last 2 months and constantly uses his wifi through his laptop as do my wife and i. Does anyone know whether the wifi usage affects the broadband allowance?

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Wifi usage connected to broadband usage?

@ROOREW wrote:

Is the broadband usage affected by the amount of internet time used through wifi?

For the last 2 months i have received the email to say my 40GB usage is nearly all used up and i'm not convinced i have used that much! However my brother has been with us for the last 2 months and constantly uses his wifi through his laptop as do my wife and i. Does anyone know whether the wifi usage affects the broadband allowance?

Thanks

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Anything and anyone that uses your internet connection, whether fixed or wireless (wifi) will contribute to the usage. The only exceptions being BTFon, Digital Vault, BTVision and BBTalk.

Highlighted
ROOREW
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks. So can i use BT Fon from a laptop to prevent this usage problem?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Yes, you can save your BB usage by connecting to BT WiFi. (That's the new name, but not all hubs have been updated so you may see any of BTFon, BTOpenzone-H, BTWiFi-with-Fon or BTWifi!)

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.