cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lpatt989
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Wifi won't connect to laptops

We've just had our hub installed 11 days ago and it won't connect to any laptops. It does connect to phones and tablets but cannot handle more than one device if that device is streaming.
We have called BT customer service numerous times over the past week only to be told that there were problems on the line that should have been fixed by Sunday past. Problem still wasn't sorted so we called back yesterday. This time we were told the problem was our devices and we needed to wait 24 hours for the hub to be reset... We have had the devices checked and all problems suggested were not issues at all!

Tonight I have now been on hold for customer service for over an hour. Is this worth it? Very much considering cancelling the service...if I can ever get through!!!!
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Wifi won't connect to laptops

Which BT Home hub do you have? There have been reported issues with the Home hub 6.

BT do not guarantee wireless connections, so they would not accept that as a valid reason to cancel.

What sort of speed do you get if you connect your laptop to the home hub using an Ethernet cable, and using this test page?

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

How does that compare with the expected results for your property?

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
lpatt989
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Wifi won't connect to laptops

Hi Keith, 

We have the Home hub 6. 
Thanks for both those links. The speed we are getting with the laptop connected to the hub is 18.78Mbps. 

I ran the availability checker. I don't fully understand the results so have just copied and pasted what came up!

Have you any ideas on how this can get sorted out? The internet seems to be getting worse every day as now it is barely working on my phone. 

Really appreciate your help!

Expected speed

0 Ratings