Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carmel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 21

Wii keeps droping connection wireless connection from HH3

Go to solution

My Wii keeps droping the wireless connection, sometimes it lasts for 3 or 4 hours, sometimes only minutes. I've tried all the available channels manually, and channells 1 and 11 seem the best, but even they're not stable. This is happening regardless of the game I'm running, and also happens with the internet channel and BBC i-Player, does anyone have any ideas?

Tags (3)
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: Wii keeps droping connection wireless connection from HH3

Go to solution

Hi Carmel,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Take a look here for information on wireless problems and also here . Let me know if that helps.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
carmel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 21

Re: Wii keeps dropping connection wireless connection from HH3

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately none of the tips in the two links helped. BT suggested I change the wireless interface type setting to 802.11 b/g because the WII is not compatible with N technology, unfortunately this didn't work for me either, so they think my hub may be faulty and are sending a replacement.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

Hi carmel

Hmm, interesting, so does mineSmiley Mad, much to the kids annoyanceSmiley Sad

Is it just the Wii or anything else? (for example mobile phone).

If you get chance, could you please let me know if a new hub cures the Wii issue

Thanks

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
lewismart
Beginner
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution
I seem to have the same problem, the old hub was ok with Wii but the new HH3 seems to have a problem with the Wii. I have tried all recommendations, but still i-player and internet are not stable and seem very slow.

I will be very interested in a fix!

Thanks Martin
0 Ratings
PeterT
Contributor
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution

My daughter's wireless connection also kept dropping out when using iPlayer. She was most irritated given that the home hub was just the other side of the room. I checked the wireless performance using the wifi penetration tools on my n900 - it was set up fine and not being interfered with.

It also would not recognise her NAS box, so she couldn't access all of the stored information.

I swapped her HH3 for an equivalent Netgear router. It has been working well for several months now.

User Name: Peter T
BT equipment: PSTN Telephone
Devices: N900, 2 x linux netbooks, 2 x linux servers, FRITZ!Box, Samsung Galaxy Tab
0 Ratings
lewismart
Beginner
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution

Peter

Your comments are useful thanks, I see you state that your broadband is ADSL, I have just had Infinity installed from ADSL.

As you replaced your router and it works fine and with my old ADSL router it was working fine, my logic points to the HH3 as the problem.

I wonder what BT have to say about their kit?

Martin

0 Ratings
PeterT
Contributor
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution

Lewis,

Actually my router includes a VDSL/ADSL2+ modem.

At the moment I receive a 20Mbps ADSL service from BT with an actual of 19 down 1 up, which I am very happy with. I didn't see the point of paying 30% more for a potential 30% increase in bandwidth and with yet another box (modem).

I agree, I think that it might be the HH3. I much prefer to use commercially available routers rather than the ones provided by BT - there is usually much more help available for them.

User Name: Peter T
BT equipment: PSTN Telephone
Devices: N900, 2 x linux netbooks, 2 x linux servers, FRITZ!Box, Samsung Galaxy Tab
0 Ratings
Highlighted
carmel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution

Unfortunatly the new Hub didn't solve the problem!

Half an hour spent talking to a BT "expert" and she said that the WII isn't compatable with the HH3 and there is nothing more they can do to resolve the problem!! (althrough she clearly knew less than I did about the subject, and I know next to nothing about it)

Configured my old Seimens se 587 that Tiscali provided and that works fine. Might even consider changing provider!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution

@carmel wrote:

Unfortunatly the new Hub didn't solve the problem!

Noooooooooooooo, I too hoped it would

Half an hour spent talking to a BT "expert" and she said that the WII isn't compatable with the HH3 and there is nothing more they can do to resolve the problem!! (althrough she clearly knew less than I did about the subject, and I know next to nothing about it)

Well based on what you've been told, BT need to change their help files etc. to reflect this

Configured my old Seimens se 587 that Tiscali provided and that works fine. Might even consider changing provider!!

BT, we the customer shouldn't have to remove the HH3 from the equation to solve this

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings