Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
syops
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 21

Re: Wii keeps dropping connection wireless connection from HH3

Go to solution
Have you tried assigning a static ip for the Wii?

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/onlineWirelessRouterTroubleshooting.jsp

Check your exchange or major service outages

If someone has given a helpful answer, please click on their Ratings star on the left-hand side. πŸ™‚ ***
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

@syops. If you're asking moi, indeed I have, in fact I've tried nearly everything I think of, except WEP or no encrytion - as I shouldn't need to

(wonders if it's got owt to do with the 2 factory set firmware releases for the current hub3A - .45 and .57)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Highlighted
carmel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

Thanks syops

Just tried it

Connection dropped after 12mins 33 secs

0 Ratings
Patsy_coo
Message 14 of 21

Re: Wii keeps droping connection wireless connection from HH3

Go to solution

I have same the problem, had HH2 / ADSL and moved to HH3 / Infinity - wii online regularly comes up with an error- normally on first mario karts game. No other equipment affected. Suggest BT get an expert to sort this out, may be liase with an expert at Nitendo (that would be what I would expect as good customer service). Considering the number of people who use Wii online, when this gets around, HH3 / Infinity is incompatible with Wii, it's not going to help promote Infinity (so its also good commercial sence for BT to sort it out). I also seems to recall that the Infinity advert indicated that it was great for on line gaming - cleary this is false for the few million Wii users ! I have a seperate wireless router I'm going to plug into HH3 and run the wii from to see if that solves the problem - that would rule out the N technology theory. Saying that, it's 1800 and the kids have had it working for half an hour which is a record for us.

0 Ratings
Patsy_coo
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

Tried it with a G Cisco wireless router wired in to the back of home hub and running wii wireless to the router. Worked all day without a problem (just as well I have unlimited) online.

0 Ratings
JustThinking
Beginner
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

We upgraded during the summer to HomeHub3 and Infinifty - becasue we kept going over our limit because we used iPlayer too much. Guess what Iplayer/Wii/Homehub2 worked fine, apart from a bit of buffering - but with HomeHub3 we don't get more than 5 mins before it freezes.

Still looking for a solution.

0 Ratings
tranceforma
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

OK I think I may have a solution!  (after 3 weeks of mucking around).

You will need to port forward your homehub to your Wii and add a static IP address (Settings > Port Forwarding > Supported Applications > 'Add new game or application' > 'Copy existing = No' then type the following:

Setup UDP 1-65535

TDP 1-65535

Next you will need to add a DMZ to your Wii - this means it will bypass most firewall traffic from your homehub.  This is under advanced settings > Port Forwarding > DMZ (select the Wii's IP from the drop down menu).

Delete your Wii's Internet connection from the console and reboot.  Then re connect to your router adding the WAP/WPA key again.

This has worked for me and I was in total despair up to this date.  iPlayer is now streaming almost instantly and my connected speed is about 50mb when previously it was stating 11mb.

Hope this helps you all, and BT need to sort out their useless customer service on this issue!

carmel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

Brilliant, this seems to work for me, just managed to watch iplayer for an hour without it dropping or even spooling!!

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
Ipswichblade
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution
Could you give me a bit more detail on where you type
Setup UDP 1-65535
TDP 1-65535
Do you type it all or just the numbers and where does "setup" go
I followed the rest easily but this bit had me stumped!
Thanks
0 Ratings
carmel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

Seams I spoke too soon, fine for Iplayer but still drops playing Mario Cart Smiley Sad

0 Ratings