cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Will a replaced Home Hub 5 update in time?

Go to solution

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

My small issue is that some months ago our village had a huge lightning strike which 'killed' quite a few routers many of them Home hubs.

Mine is still working but can be erratic at times and my speeds don't seem very good since the strike (we are 1Km from the fibre box so it's not brilliant anyway)

My Brother had a spare brand new HH5 (unused) which he has given to me so all I am concerned about is will it update?

What I am trying to ask is my HH5 is at the moment obviously updated with the latest fixes and firmware, if I replace it with the one my brother has gifted me (which is as sent out and perhaps with older firmware) will it eventually update as my present one does?

My present HH5 is type A the possible replacement is type B will this cause any issues?

Thanks in advance for any advice to what is probably a daft question. (I just want to be sure before I try changing it!)

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Will a replaced Home Hub 5 update in time?

Go to solution

Yes, it will update eventually although it won't matter if it doesn't.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

The HH5 A and HH5 B are fully interchangeable so you can replace one with the other.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks both for your help, It used to be argued that the HH5 B was better than the HH5 A, having a different chipset. Is there any truth in this?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

As you say, it was argued. Never proved!

0 Ratings