cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Will a single Premium Whole Home disc work with Smart Hub 2

Hi,

I'm finding the way BT has defined Complete Wifi and Whole Home discs confusing - I guess I'm not the only one.

I do understand that the Smart Hub 2,  which I will receive with my Fibre 300 in a couple of weeks, has built-in Complete Wifi compatibility.  However, I don't want to pay an extra £10 a month for this service, and would prefer to own the kit.

For my house, I expect having one wifi point on the ground floor, plus one on the first should be enough to cover all three floors.  So, I'm reluctant to buy two discs and have one sit next to the router, physically tethered to it, with the router's wifi disabled.  This seems like a complete waste to me.

Ideally, I'd like to buy a single "add-on" Premium Whole Home disc, then pair it with the Smart Hub 2, then relocate it to the first floor.   Is this possible?

Thanks,

Mark

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Will a single Premium Whole Home disc work with Smart Hub 2

Hi @ms10, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

The Complete Wifi product will only work with the Smart Hub 2. I'm not sure if it's possible to buy only 1 Whole Home Wifi (WHW) disc and have the set up you would like. You should drop an email to the WHW product helpdesk on btconnectedhome@bt.com and they'll be best placed to advise you on this.

cheers

John 

Message 3 of 3

Re: Will a single Premium Whole Home disc work with Smart Hub 2

Thanks, @JohnC2. I'll try that.
0 Ratings