Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Windows 10 pc cannot see hub 5

Hi all

a few days ago my BT hub lost connection for a short while. When it came back on, all mobiles and tablets connected automatically but I had to manually connect it to my Sky box. My Windows 10 though just cannot see the hub in the available networks. I’ve turned smart hub off and separated the two frequencies but nothing works. It picks up my neighbours hub but that’s it. Can anyone help? 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Windows 10 pc cannot see hub 5

Welcome to this user forum.

How is your Windows 10 laptop connected to the home hub?

Is it wireless or Ethernet?

If its wireless, have you tried deleting any existing wireless connections, then scanning for the signal from the home hub?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

It was by Wi-fi. Have reset everything but it still can’t see my hub but the rest of the streets are visible.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

@Djacko66 wrote:
It was by Wi-fi. Have reset everything but it still can’t see my hub but the rest of the streets are visible.

Then for some reason, the wireless card in the laptop is not compatible with the home hub.

Trya factory reset of the home hub, to see if it helps.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 9

@Djacko66 wrote:

Have you tried the Windows Troubleshooter? I know it's been heavily maligned over the years and deservedly so but it has improved with Windows 10. It sounds like your PC has a corruption in its cache, if so the troubleshooter will clear it and reset your network adapter.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

This sounds very similar to the issue I have posted on. Check to see when the last time your hub updated. If it was just before your PC would not connect, I suspect it may well be the same issue that the firmware update has broken something in the Wi Fi authentication. Reseting the hub or doing Windows troubleshooter will not fix the issue.

See my post about Hub 6A not authenticatiing. See if you can create a 2.4Ghz Wi Fi network and join that.

RJ

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 9

@rnjones wrote:

This sounds very similar to the issue I have posted on. Check to see when the last time your hub updated. If it was just before your PC would not connect, I suspect it may well be the same issue that the firmware update has broken something in the Wi Fi authentication. Reseting the hub or doing Windows troubleshooter will not fix the issue.

See my post about Hub 6A not authenticatiing. See if you can create a 2.4Ghz Wi Fi network and join that.

RJ

@rnjones raises a good point, assuming your windows 10 machine is 5GHz capable, is it just the 5GHz SSID you can't see or can you not see either network ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

The laptop can’t see either 2.4 or 5ghz but can see everyone else’s hub down the street. I’ve reset the hub, reset the network connections on the pc but nothing works. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 9

@Djacko66 wrote:

The laptop can’t see either 2.4 or 5ghz but can see everyone else’s hub down the street. I’ve reset the hub, reset the network connections on the pc but nothing works. 

And yet you have mobile devices which can connect to either network ?

0 Ratings