Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Havnalaff
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Windows 8 Wi-Fi connection help!

Go to solution

Hi y'all, I'm switching over to Bt Infinity soon and the master socket is being moved in preparation for this. I'll have to connect to Broadband via Wi-Fi to get my HP Windows 8.1 Desktop online after the switch, but I cannot for the life of me find out what I'm doing wrong! I cannot connect the Home Hub 4 wirelessly! I've got a month before Infinity goes online, so I'm checking things out at the moment, but I'm stumped! Anyone any thoughts & has anyone got any experience of Windows 8 Wireless Networking? I would be very grateful of any help!

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Windows 8 Wi-Fi connection help!

Go to solution

does your desktop have a wireless card?  if so have you disconnected the ethernet cable before trying to connect to the HH4 wifi?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

See link how to connect to Windows 8.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44130/c/346

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14000/c/346

EDIT: Check the back of your PC to see if you have an aerial sticking out. If you don't you may not have a wireless network card and you would need to buy a wireless dongle to be able to connect by wireless to the homehub.

Havnalaff
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks so much gg! And imjolly! My PC has a wireless networking card (Qualcomm Atheros) but at the mo it just keeps saying 'Not Connected'. I did disconnect the Ethernet cable too. I'll follow gg's guides and see how I get on, many many thanks for your assistance.
0 Ratings
Havnalaff
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Hi y'all again, very good news! Wi-Fi now working, and it's just as fast as the wired connection I was using! Many thanks everyone!
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Great stuff Havnalaff. Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers

David
Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You