cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjshaffer
Message 1 of 4

Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings in Windows 10

Hi 

I have Windows 10 (with Qualcomm Killer Network Manager and I'm getting frequently low speeds, hovering around 1Mbps.  When I run the Wundows 10 network troubleshooter programme it comes up with "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy setting".

It's completely fine when I use my mobile phone as a WiFi hotspot which leads me to think there's a compatibility issues between my network driver, or something else on my PC.

Any pointers would be very useful.

Thanks

Paul

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings in Windows 10

Unless there is some need for it on your network you should check that the "Proxy" setting is unticked.

Click on Start, select Settings and navigate to Network & Internet > Proxy.

1. Toggle the option Automatically detect settings to ON.

2. Toggle the option Use a proxy server to OFF.

If you have changed any of the settings on your network card it could be something to do with that. If there is an option to set them to default try that to see how you get on.

There is of course always the possibility that there is something wrong with your broadband connection. Do you have another device, such as a laptop so that you could run a speed test to see how it performs. 

If the speed is only poor at peak times run a speed test when the speeds are good then another when the speeds are poor for a comparison and post back.

EDIT: I should have added that you should run a malware check on your computer particularly if you find that the proxy setting is ticked and it was not done by you or required by your network card.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
pjshaffer
Message 3 of 4

Re: Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings in Windows 10

Thanks for the input. I've checked the proxy settings, they're as you suggest. 

I'll check the network adaptor in device manager 

0 Ratings
ijmeurling
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Hi, did you find a fix for this? I think I'm having the same issue.

Kind regards

0 Ratings