Did you mean: 
gsxrguy46
Contributor
Message 31 of 175

Re: Windows 10 - Windows Update unable to connect to internet

Go to solution

@JOHN892

Did you use the FORCE???

Perhaps your half Jedi and didn't know it?

LOL

JOHN892
Message 32 of 175

Re: Windows 10 - Windows Update unable to connect to internet

Go to solution
😂😂😂
I’ll try it on the Lottery 😳
brookheather
Aspiring Expert
Message 33 of 175

Re: Windows update/activation blocked on our BT connection..

Go to solution
0 Ratings
gsxrguy46
Contributor
Message 34 of 175

Go to solution

The DNS workaround does work. But without trying to be offensive to the less than tech savvy, to some that's like trying to attempt a lunar landing Smiley LOL

Meanwhile George & Mildred are two days and counting behind on Windows Defender virus definitions god bless em.

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 35 of 175

Go to solution

For those us reading this, workrounds are of, mild, interest.  For the bulk of BT users they don't want  a fix, they want it fixed.  IT is supposed to be invisible, not insoluble.

gsxrguy46
Contributor
Message 36 of 175

Go to solution

What's even more infuriating is the lack of any official information or statement from BT as to what is being done to resolve this. Look, IT problems happen, its a fact of life. However, keeping paying customers informed as to what is being done to resolve the issue would be, shall we say, common courtesy. Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 37 of 175

Go to solution
When eventually resolved I want a full explanation from BT (and MS) as why this has happened. It won’t come but I have had enough of these tech giants keeping the public in the dark. They want our cash to use their services and don’t give a care when things go wrong ! Apple are just as bad by the way!!!!
0 Ratings
gsxrguy46
Contributor
Message 38 of 175

Go to solution

Well it's official Microsoft are not to blame:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-updates-are-broken-again-but-this-time-its-not-microsofts-f...

The problem would seem to lay very much at BT's door then?

Must be pretty serious if nearly 2 days on they still don't have a fix.....????

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Mooly
Aspiring Expert
Message 39 of 175

Go to solution

3 days without AV checks is long enough. I've switched to Google DNS and within minutes Windows Defender has auto updated.

Anyone running W10 may find a long list of 'Problem Reports ' cached due to this. A full disk clean (using system file option) can be used to remove them. Just type Problem Reports into W10 search box to check.  Click the 'View all Problem Reports' option that this will make available. 

{B724FA26-80A4-4795-80B2-AF6D3404D44F}.png.jpg

0 Ratings
Adrian1959
Message 40 of 175

Game Insight - AIRPORT CITY

Go to solution

First off i am not 100% where this should be posted.

I play a game called AIRPORT CITY from Game Insight,  The game tells me an update is available but Microsoft Store doesn't show the update. Apparantly the comany have updated their DNS and only my service provider can fix it.

this is the message i have seen:-

The "Domain Name System" (DNS) for the GI server was changed, fixing the DNS server. Now, most major Service Providers (Corporate tier) have already updated their DNS table automatically. However, some  service providers have yet to update.

Could this be the issue and whay i cannot see the update for my game?

0 Ratings