cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Wireless Access Point of Mesh setup with new FTTP and SmartHub2

Go to solution

Hi, I'm looking for some advice as I've recently had FTTP installed with SmartHub2 however the hub is located at the front of my property and I need wireless access at the rear and also in my office at the bottom of my garden 40m away.  I have a Cat6 wired network across the whole house including to the garden office.  I'm trying to work out if I should buy 2 access points (one for the rear of the hose and one for the garden office) or go for a mesh setup (i dont really know the real difference)? Would a WAP setup use the same SSID or does each AP device have their own SSID?

Thanks in advance for suggestions

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Wireless Access Point of Mesh setup with new FTTP and SmartHub2

Go to solution

They can either have the same SSID and password or different, your choice, they are configurable.

Personally,  all my waps have different SSIDs so I know which I am connected to and can manually change if a device is hanging on to a weak signal when I know there is a stronger signal available.

If you already have the cabling in situ, waps are probably the best way to go.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Wireless Access Point of Mesh setup with new FTTP and SmartHub2

Go to solution

great, thanks for the quick reply @licquorice . I also like the idea of using different SSID's for identification/switching when necessary.

0 Ratings