Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
froschling
Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: Wireless Service goes intermittently unavailable

Go to solution

Thanks for your message.

I'm getting periodic drop outs on any channel that I choose to the extent that it's hardly possible to read my emails on a wireless connected device let along watch a film.

I'm coming to the conclusion that the hub is faulty. Do you knw if this something BT handles or do I have to go out and buy a new one ?

Regards,

John

0 Ratings
froschling
Contributor
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

It's certainly something that's omly happened over the past few weeks. Before that it was stable and had been since I first had the hub - and that was a long time ago.

Looks like a call to the support desk.

John

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

@froschling wrote:

Thanks for your message.

I'm getting periodic drop outs on any channel that I choose to the extent that it's hardly possible to read my emails on a wireless connected device let along watch a film.

I'm coming to the conclusion that the hub is faulty. Do you knw if this something BT handles or do I have to go out and buy a new one ?

Regards,

John

As you've already guessed, you need to call the helpdesk and see what they have to say. Be prepared to jump backwards through a hoop, but if they deem it faulty, they should send out a new one FOC.

Should they not know what to do, pop back and we'll send you down the route of the forum mods.

fwiw the update was supposed to optimise 'Smart Wifi', maybe they've made a boo boo......:|

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Highlighted
froschling
Contributor
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

Have just spent abut 20 minutes or so on the phone to the support desk. They confirmed a faulty hub and will send me a replacement though they insisted I renew my contract for another 12 months first.

I've no problem with this since I'm generally happy with BT but it puzzled me as I last renewed my contact around JUne when I upgraded my BT INfinity service.

No matter I'm expecting the hub to arrive on Thursday so hopefully that will sort it out - unless it is the last firmware upgrade of course. I'll report back to keep you all informed and meantime many thanks to everyone  for your help.

John

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

Argh, you shouldn't IMO have to renew to get a new hub:(

Over the years I've had many hub's replaced and never had to renew my contract. I wonder if BT have changed this?

And there's a very good chance that the new hub will update as soon as it's plugged in:(

There may be an account issue as to why they insisted that you renew, as you clearly renewed some time around June:o

I hope your current hub has gone faulty. Good or bad, please let us know, but I shall make the forum mods aware of your post above. They may want you to contact them to discuss this....:|

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

Hi Froschiling,

I hope the new hub sorts this out for you.  Please keep us informed.

If you would like for me to take a look at your account to confirm the re-contract I would be happy to do so.  Please drop me an email via the 'Contact Us' link in my profile. (click on my name and you will find the link under the "about me" section). Include your BT account details and the link to this thread.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”