cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wifi124
Message 1 of 2

Wireless connection keeps dropping when trying to access certain settings with BT Hub 5 manager

Hi,

I am trying to port forward a game to allow other people access my server. However, anytime I try and access the port fowarding option in the hub 5 manager my wireless connection, on my laptop and all devices connected, suddenly drops out completely. Out of curiousity I tried to access other options, such as the firewall and even the A-Z help menu, again they also cause my connection to drop out.

This loss in connection only lasts for about 60-90 seconds but it is really annoying as it means I have to reconnect and it also means that I cannot access the port forwarding option. It also seems really out of the blue because only a few months ago I successfully port forwarded another game with no problems whatsoever.

Could anyone inform me to why this is happening and assist in fixing such a problem? My mind immediatley thinks that this is some type of security protocol, but it is kind of weird that such a method of security (if it is one at all) would happen when I am trying to access my BT hub manager from inside my own network.

I am using a BT Hub 5 (type A).

Thanks for any help in advance.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
mattlivermore
Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Wireless connection keeps dropping when trying to access certain settings with BT Hub 5 manager

Have you tried maybe a factory reset of the HH5?

Have you got a different device that you could access the HH settings from to see if it does the same?

0 Ratings