cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coreservers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Wireless disc. More trouble than its worth

got the offer to upgrade to wireless discs, last week, dutifully signed up as the back of the house has a poorish signal from teh existing smart hub. 

Got the kit today... well guess what Wireless disc. plugged in, connected vis ethernet cable to router to pair... and no light on the disc at all.. dead as a dodo.. Thanks BT for your continued incompetence (oh and by the way I can still see two accounts, tho only billed for 1... thats taken two admin from here and 5 months so far to just get rid of one of them! )

Called the joyous indian call centre (why do BT think this parhetic level of service is in any way a winner?). they had no clue what to do, so am i stuck with a dead disc? paying an extra £7 a month for nowt? surely you can just send another. but the call centre say i need to prove its not working !  effectively calling me a liar. starting to hate BT a lot.  

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
coreservers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Wireless disc. More trouble than its worth

now tried online chat in the hope i can actually get a replacement for faulty kit sent by BT. after 15 minutes of giving the guy my address, i get.... "sorry im actually from the repair team, cant help you call the number you already called" useless idiots every one of them.. surely its simpler than this. surely you cant phone a department then be avised to contact online chat, who then advise you to call teh same department who advised to contact online chat... i aint paying extra money for nothing BT

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

does the disc power up?  have you tried using the app on phone?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

@coreservers Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I'm really sorry the disc is broken and appreciate that this is not a great start to your complete wifi service. You should have been dealt with by a UK based adviser who can support that product as its provided as part of the BT Plus service and I'm sorry this didn't happen and that you weren't transferred. 

I'll send you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team and we'll be able to help you get a replacement.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
coreservers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

nope, no light at all on the disc, tried it in 3 different power sockets, reseated the plug attachment etc etc... its a goner. tempted to cancel the whole order and stick with my curent BT stuff.. friend of mine waited 10 days as it seems the automated ordering isnt passing details to the warehouse. Got his today disc powersup, but continually drops even when tested in the same room as the hub... All aseems a bit cowboy from BT.

0 Ratings