cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TelwinM
Message 1 of 3

Wireless network keeps dropping (approx. every 2 minutes - please help)

Hi All,

I was wondering if I could have some assistance with this. I have currently got the BT Home Hub 3 and am having two issues with the wireless connection. 

I have been following the advice given here: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38064/c/346 but this has not fixed the problem.

My first issue is that throughout the day the wireless connection drops, the three lights are still blue but my laptop and phone keep needing to reconnect to the internet. This happens approximately every 2 minutes, but has become more frequent. This arises throughout the day (and night) not just at peak times. I have followed all of the steps above, but this problem still arises.

My second issue is probably related to the first issue. I have a Brother printer which can print over wifi, however, with both the wireless working, the printer on and the laptop on the laptop does not "see" that the printer is online as opposed to offline. How can this be fixed? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer software several times.

Thank you for your help in advanced.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Wireless network keeps dropping (approx. every 2 minutes - please help)

do you have a hh3B?  if so read this post 

https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Discussions/HH3-Infinity-Local-WiFi-Channel-fade/m-p/144...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
TelwinM
Message 3 of 3

Re: Wireless network keeps dropping (approx. every 2 minutes - please help)

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion. I will try that tomorrow to observe whether changing the channel makes a difference. I will then update this post.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings