Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Wireless printer won't recognise Smarthub

Go to solution

I can't get my wireless printer to connect to my BT SmartHub.

I tried last year when I got the hub but gave up and went back to using my old hub as I needed to use the printer, but that has now stopped working so I need to use the new one.

I've pressed the WPS button on the hub and the Network button on the printer, but the printer won't see the hub and just counts down and says Connection Failed. I've tried loads of times now.

The printer is an HP Color LaserJet Pro CP1525NW - I've been using it for years with no problems. I bought it in 2012 so it's not exactly new but surely not outdated yet?

Last time I tried I used an ethernet cable to try and set it up as well, but nothing worked.

Has anyone got any tips or know of any issues with these hubs and wireless printers?

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Wireless printer won't recognise Smarthub

Go to solution

If you did a search of the forum you would have found a few threads regarding this.

Here is one of the latest threads.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Printer-wireless-couldn-t-print-error-message/t...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I did search but couldn't find a specific answer- the one you linked to seems to be a different issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

According to HP Support, if you change your router, you have to start again from scratch. Seems a bit strange for my Epson didn't have a problem.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-laserjet-pro-cp1525-color-printer-series/4052975/model/40529... 

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

thanks so much! This worked after downloading the Easy Setup and setting up as a totally new printer via USB.

0 Ratings