cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Wireless printing issues with smart hub 2 and one disc

Hi - hoping you good folk can help me sort a printing issue that I've been 'managing' for a few months now, putting off getting to grips with it properly, but it's becoming a bigger issue with working from home. 

I upgraded to the Smart Hub 2 when my previous BT contract expired in spring 2020, and added a single disc to improve the wireless range to my home office. The signal strength is good, and devices around the house that do not need to print seem to work well (eg PVR, all tablets/phones, etc).

The problem since changing to the SH2 and Disc has been wireless printing to my Epson PX830 printer. Most times printing from my laptop takes ages to start, then stalls about a third of the way through page 1. The only consistent way to get a document printed is to upload it to iCloud and then send it to print from my phone. Occasionally, but with no consistency, restarts of both the printer and laptop will temporarily improve things, but as soon as I restore the network to its default condition (Smart Hub and one disc), these issues reappear.

I have tried switching off the Disc, which also sometimes helps, but that reduces the signal strength to my office, where I need it most. It also seriously slows printing down, compared to how it used to be, pre Smart Hub.

If I have both devices on (hub and disc), troubleshooting the printer connection shows '*Multiple network names (SSID) that match your entered network name have been detected. *A router/access point channel conflict has been detected. If you have problems printing of scanning improve your wireless network environment.' If I turn the disc off, I still get the 'router/access point channel conflict 'message, along with one warning of low signal strength.

I haven't found a clear solution to this and am quite confused. How should I improve my wireless network environment so I can get a full strength signal and the ability to print properly?

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Wireless printing issues with smart hub 2 and one disc

Check the hub manager when all devices are active yo check for an IP Address Clash.

Click on this link http://192.168.1.254/my_network.htm , enter your admin password and check that the disc and printer are not trying to share the same IP address (IP addresses are unique to one device).

Turn off Smart Setup What is Smart Setup on the BT Hub? How can I turn it on and off? | BT Help

0 Ratings