cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrispy46
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Wiring requirement for fibre installation

My apologies in advance if this has been answered elsewhere but I can't find it!

I have been 'advised' that if I have the latest fibre connection to my house (it is available to the cabinet nearby) the 'new' BT master needs a power supply. Is this correct please?

Also, I gather that I have to upgrade my 'internal' wiring and need to run Cat 5/6 from the master connection to my study, where my PC is kept. Is this correct please?

If so, do I also need to upgrade my cabling to (extension) telephones to Cat5/6?

Any and all help will be gratefully received.

Cheers,

CJ

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Wiring requirement for fibre installation

as the fibre router will be connected to the new master socket you need a power supply close to the master so you can conenct the router

how do you intend to conenct pc  wired to router or wireless

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
chrispy46
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Wiring requirement for fibre installation

Thanks mjolly for your reply.

I'll make arrangements for a power supply nearby.

I'm intending to make the connection to my PC by wire as our 130 year old house has very thick walls!

Should I install Cat 5 or 6 just to my study?

I am hoping that the already installed standard telephion extension cabling will still be ok for the telephone handsets?

Thanks again

Cheers

CJ

0 Ratings