Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dazeb
Message 1 of 7

Wirrless Channels should be 1-14

Hi All,

I have a wireless analyser on my smartphone which tells me my bt home hub2 has 14 channels. When I enter my landing page on the router it only allows selection between auto, or manually between 1-11. Where are 12, 13 & 14? Ironically these are the best quality channels for use on my router. Can these channels be made available for use? Or are these channels reserved for bt openzone/fon? If do can I stop this and recover the channels? Any help would be appreciated.
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Reed_Richards
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Wirrless Channels should be 1-14

Your missing channels are those ones that are not used in the USA.  Coincidence?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

I have a homehub two and I can and have selected channel 13. Go into Settings > Wireless settings > Channel selection.

Channels 12, 13, & 14 can not be used in USA

Channel 14 can not be used in UK and rest of the world with the exception of Japan where it has limited use.

dazeb
Message 4 of 7

Hi, thanks for reply. I have been into the aforementioned menu and only channels listed are 1 to 11 no option for 12, 13 or 14. Bt must have hidden them through software....
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

I can understand why you don't have channel 14 because it is not allowed to be used but I don't know why you can't see the others. I have all the channels Automatic through to Channel 13.

0 Ratings
dazeb
Message 6 of 7

Ok thanks anyway.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

Just to confirm, my results on HH4 are identcal to gg's - 13 x 2.4GHz channels on hub and scanner. The good thing is that while I'm in the company of about 25 others there, I'm all alone on 5GHz.Smiley Happy

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings