Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maryemm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Wondering.....

Go to solution

I have the BT Superfast PackageFibre Unlimited with a speed of 50. (By paying more I could get around 300.)

My router is situated upstairs with my main telephone connection and I am happy with the speed I get. (A dropped connection occasionally is another matter!)

We watch TV downstairs mainly, and like to access the BBC and ITV Hubs but lately the programmes are interrupted and we have to wait for the "spinning logo" to end before the programme continues. Last night a message even reported an Internet connection problem. (dropped connection?)

The BT connection is stable according to BT: the speed upstairs is stable. iPad and Kindle speeds downstairs are fine. (35-45)

The TV is the furthest from the router obviously and can't be moved!

I see that BT are now offering connections in every room. I am tempted, but wonder if a product someone mentioned to me [ TP Link (?) ] would be better and, possibly cheaper.

My thanks for any advice you can offer. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Wondering.....

Go to solution

You are best to use a wired connection for streaming to your TV.

If it is not possible to run an Ethernet cable from the hub to the TV you could consider using powerline adaptors such as the ones shown here.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14271/~/powerline-adapter-user-guides

You do not need to use BT one, there are other makes available.

Maryemm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

No running an ethernet cable isn't possible, I'm afraid. 

Thank you for the link. I have downloaded instructions/help and can now study these before I make a decision. I obviously want one that is good but that isn't difficult to set up.  :O)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

They are all pretty much plug and play.

0 Ratings