cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 1 of 18

Would you like to review one of our Connected Home Devices?

Hi Everyone,

I am delighted to announce that over the next 3 weeks or so we will be holding Q&A events with our experts in the Connected Home devices team.  Our connected devices team look after products such as Wifi Extenders, Powerline adapter etc.

Our connected home devices team are keen to send some of these products out to you guys so that you can use them for a month and then write a short review afterwards to post on the community to let others know of your experience.

The products in particular are Mini Wi-Fi Home Hotspot 500 Kit, the Dual-Band Wi-Fi Extender 610 and the 11ac Dual-Band Wi-Fi Extender 1200.

If you would be interested in using one of these devices then please post here and let yourself be known?  The products will be sent to you free of charge and all we ask is that at the end of October you provide us with a review to post on the community.

The number of devices that we have are limited so the fairest possible way to select the candidates that we will send the equipment to is by pulling names from a hat.  This thread will remain open until Wednesday 14th October 2015 at which time we will lock the thread and draw the names.

Further information will follow in terms of the events we will be holding over the next few weeks.  For more information on the products within the connected home devices please see this link, http://connectedhome.bt.com/.

To help us ensure you get the product that best suits your needs please answer the following questions,

What type of property do you live in? E.g. flat, terraced house, semi-detached house, bungalow
Do you currently have any Wi-Fi blackspots in your property?
Do you currently use any other connectivity devices in your home? If so please tell us what they are.
Does anyone in your household take part in online gaming?
Do you use multiple internet enabled devices in your home? E.g., laptop, tablet, smartphone etc
What current hub/router do you use?

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 18

Re: Would you like to review one of our Connected Home Devices?

Sean. I would be interested to review one of the products
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Message 3 of 18

Hi Sean,

Yes I would be interested in taking part. I live in a Bungalow. Also use a Laptop,Smartphone, & Tablet. No knowledge of Black Spots.

Honeymonster.

0 Ratings
brianhes
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 18

Hi Sean, would be interested in taking part.

I live in a stone built bungalow with walls up to 2ft thick.

Black spots at the end of the house, and doesn't make it out of the house well either.

Currently use 2 old routers as wifi access points via ethernet back to the hub.

Yes to online gaming.

House has desktop pc, two laptops, wii, xbox, ps3, 3 smartphones, a tablet, G4 and Z4 youview boxes.

Using a Homehub 4.

0 Ratings
rozithepirate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 18

I  live in a old terraced property with  varying equipment about.  We all have smart phones, tablets and Kindles.  We have PS3 on line gaming and 3 Smart TVs, one with BT vision and two now tV boxes.  I crruently have one of the first BT Wifi extenders to help with a black spot on the second floor and also we have 3 laptops.

We have a BtHUB4

I would love to review some of your products

Regards

Roz Heathcote

0 Ratings
Storm_Force
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 18

Live in a end terraced house (built 2008)

PC online gaming and Wii-U as well as 3 smart TV's, 2 mobiles, 1 tablet, 1 laptop and Sky On demand

Currently have the Multiport extender 500 and Broadband extender kit 500

Home hub 5 (BT infinity 1 unlimited)

0 Ratings
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 18

I would be pleased to offer a review.

Our house is a four bed semi-detached seaside house, with all brick walls. The one bedroom needs a signal through about two separated walls, and is virtually unusable even with 2.4gHz. We currently have a HH3 ( in the process of taking a free upgrade to HH5) but I have tried 5gHz devices and they currently can't even penetrate one wall reliably. We have what are called 'Tondu' bricks and black mortar - the bricks are like iron!

We use Ipads and Iphones around the house, but get lots of drop outs. On BT Infinity 2 with 75mHz download, so the problem isn't from the exchange!

Really interested in the dual band devices.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 18

I I've in a detached house. I have an HH5 and use an old pair of plas to power the TV. We have two phones, three tablets, an Apple TV a Fire TV and computer running off the wired/wifi connections

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
lizzylizzard
Contributor
Message 9 of 18

Sign me up but beware I'm bruttaly honest to the bone haha

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 10 of 18

Yeh, put my hat in the ring.

Detached house. Use two IPads, two mobile and two wireless laptops. Signal in the conservatory not brill, but OK. Was thinking of getting a wifi extender. Youview Box connected by cable and Wii by wifi. HH3

Stew

0 Ratings