cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NicolasS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: Would you like to review one of our Connected Home Devices?

Hi,

I would like to take part.

Currently live in a semi-detached house.
No wifi black spots but the signal is weak upstairs towards the back of the property.

I currently use 6 TP Link Powerline Adapters.

One person in the household takes part in online gaming. 
Yes we have a number of internet enabled devices in the house.

Currently have a Home Hub 5.

Regards 

NicolasS

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 18

Forgot to add I also do online gaming

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
villager45
Beginner
Message 13 of 18

I'd love to take part . I live in a semi detached and use 1 pc,  1 laptop and 1 phone. No black spots that I know of. Using Home Hub 5 and have Sky On demand.

Thanks

0 Ratings
jpadeutsch
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 18

I'd be interested to jpin in.

I live in a brick buit semi-detached house. I have BT Infinity with home hub 5. The hub is in my study upstairs, connected by internet to two computers and a printer. Downstairs connecting by wifi are two computers and another printer. Also downstairs and connected by broadband extenders are two youview boxes with TV sets. I have a smartphone connecting to the router by wifi.

I'm not sure about blackspots. wifi works where I need it, but, for example, I've not tried to use it in the kitchen.

When my daughter visits with my two grandchildren, they often use their own laptops and mobile phones on the wifi.

No one reularly does online gaming. My grandson who visits from time to time might sometimes play online games.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 18

Yeah, count me in please. Detached brick bungalow, a few blackspots in the furthest corners. A mixture of wired and wireless devices including desktop PCs running Windows and Linux, Laptop, netbook, raspberry pi, wireless printer, Chromecast and Android phone. Currently use an Edimax 7228 in AP Client mode to provide Ethernet ports to a desktop machine.

0 Ratings
citysafe
Beginner
Message 16 of 18

yes i will test for you .

i have 4 bed detached house.

My BT homehub 3 is in the downstairs hallway. i have BT infinity

My office is upstairs.

My windows 10 laptop wi fi is slow compared to i pad & i phones used downstairs. So i think there must be a blackspot

I have tested the speed online and get no where near what is advertised . i`m not into online gaming. But I do have BT vision but have to hard wire it by cable.

0 Ratings
arto
Beginner
Message 17 of 18

Hi,

Yes, I would be interested...

• Semi-detached house
  • Wi-Fi connection weak / intermittent at rear of property
  • Comtrend Powerline Adaptors (BT Supplied) to connect BT Youview Box
  • PlayStation 4 used for online gaming and connected via Wi-Fi
  • Several laptops, smartphones (android and blackberry), tablets (android and ios), external storage device (WD), BT Youview box, PlayStation 4, Epson Printer, WD Media Player and Amazon Fire TV Stick currently in use.
  • Router: BT HomeHub 5 (Version B)

Many thanks...

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 18 of 18

Hi Everyone,

Thank you very much for posting on my thread and offering to review our connected home products.

I have discussed all your comments with the device team and we have selected some of you to review our devices.  With the answers to the question we asked, the device team were able to match your answers to a product that would best suit your needs.

We had a limited number of devices to supply so while we would have loved to have all you guys take part, this just wasn't possible at this time.  We really appreciate you posting though.

All of the members below have been selected and I will be in touch shortly by private message with more information.

@brianhes@rozithepirate@Meteosat@StewM@NicolasS@licquorice@citysafe, and @arto

I will now lock this thread.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings