cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Xbox One Connectivity Issues Via Ethernet

Ive always used a wired connection when gaming on my xbox however since upgrading to HALO2 my xbox one will randomly lose connection during most online games all of a sudden. I do have video proof of this happening and it will totally lose connection and 75% of the time I have to restart my xbox. If I play over Wi-Fi I get a very weak signal. When I lose connection on my xbox my router doesn't drop signal and no other devices which use the Wi-Fi are affected either. 

As mentioned this happens randomly but frequently. I may get a day where I don't experience this issue but then I may get a day where I experience this 5-6 times within a 4 hour period. 

Ive run diagnostics on both my router and my xbox and everything is showing to be working fine. 

Could this be a result of a faulty router or maybe settings within the router that need adjusting?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Xbox One Connectivity Issues Via Ethernet

@Holmes97 

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

@Keith_Beddoe  Just conducted test, no noise at all conducted test 3 times for accuracy on all phone handsets.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Do the lights on the home hub change colour when you get the disconnections?

It sound more like an issue with the xbox, but you could try the following.

Try a factory reset of the home hub.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386/%7E/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-set...

Then turn off smart setup.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

0 Ratings