cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mannygill
Message 1 of 7

Xbox One, Strict Nat, Furious!!!

Spent all **bleep** evening trying to get an open nat.

Set my xbox one to a static ip

port forwarded

put the xbox into DMZ

i have home hub 5 and the Piece of rubbish keeps knocking me out of halo 5 games when playing online

can anyone help ???

if I don't get this sorted by tomorrow I'm going to switch back to sky - should never have left them!!!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Liam_
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Xbox One, Strict Nat, Furious!!!

Hi,

To permanently cure that problem you should invest in a proper third party modem/router.  Then you will have a device on which UPnP functions in the correct manner.

0 Ratings
mannygill
Message 3 of 7

Which router?

im ready to smash the Hh5 into little pieces !!!

0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

Well it depends on what you want to do with it other than the gaming.

Normally I would have listed Netgear, TP-Link, Billion etc.  Though if you check around the forum you will find that some currently have problems with using IPv6, some are worse than others.  In that they won't get IPv6 at all and others get it in a fashion and most protocols seem to work.

Find out what is important to you, like IPTV or similar.  Not all routers support that.

The only one that I can say from personal experience that works flawlessly with IPv6 is the Fritzbox I'm using just now.  It may not suit everyone, no IPTV support for example but rock solid connection since January 2014 and slightly better sync than the Hub 5 it replaced.  Billion apparently do IPv6 ok, I believe Plusnet used them in their trials.

So have a look around the forum for ideas and the web for one you think looks like it will suit.  Get the name and model number and come back and ask about it, we might be able to advise if it's got problems or not.

0 Ratings
mannygill
Message 5 of 7

Thanks

I think I will just sit back to sky, less hassle and cheaper !
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

If you are in contract it will be expensive to cancel also be careful if your cabinet is near capacity you may find your self without a fibre connection and left on a waiting list as when you change providers a cease order is placed on your port in the cabinet and it is given to the next waiting customer regardless of provider
0 Ratings
lrho
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Try this: Go into Xbox one system settings. Find location and change your location. Change it to United States if it's set to UK. Then back out. Restart your Xbox. See if that opens the NAT. If it does, great. You can always change your location back to UK later. This works for me when everything else has failed. I know it's frustrating. Good luck.
0 Ratings