cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhoughton2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Xbox One issues (possible replacement for HH5?)

I have had BT infinity for about a year now and I had some minor issues with my Xbox 360 when I first switched from Sky but about two months ago I bought an Xbox One I keep having problems with lagging online in FIFA 15, Call of Duty: AW, NBA 2k15 and my NAT type always seems to be moderate which I think may be an issue causing this as well but I dont know?

Ive tried Port Forwarding on Fifa 15 and that worked about 90% of the time then I had issues with COD when that came out, so I eventually had to put my xbox one in DMZ.

Then I went back to playing FIFA 15 online with my Xbox one in DMZ and that keeps lagging now, tried resetting my router to factory and now when I try to put the port forwarding rules back on for FIFA 15 it says there is a conflict.

Spoke to BT today and there are sending me a new HH5 but im wondering whether its worth even bothering with it because they have a bad reputation with gaming Ive just found or whether I should just buy a router that will just work with the Xbox one?

Any response is appreciated

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
GrahamWardle91
Beginner
Message 2 of 13

Re: Xbox One issues (possible replacement for HH5?)

For EA games (Fifa, NBA etc) make sure UPnP is switched off, which immediately resolved any lag for me. As for the moderate NAT type, that shouldn't cause many problems 🙂

jhoughton2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Thanks Graham ill give it a try for FIFA but for COD it might be another story aha

0 Ratings
jhoughton2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Still got moderate NAT type on Xbox and FIFA and COD still lag, Anyone replaced their HH5 and have a good replacement that works with xbox one?

0 Ratings
Malacath
Expert
Message 5 of 13

The home hub 5 is the worst router ever created.

It is not suitable for gaming at all as you have discovered.

And the moderate NAT issue is because the hub is not compatible with games that use demonware port mapping on xbox one and ps4. This is basically every game made by activision.

A decent router should give you open NATs straight out the box without having to jump through hoops. But clearly the hh5 is not a decent router, it's a piece of junk.

I replaced my home hub 5 with an openreach modem and a dlink DIR868L router. I now have open NATs consistantly and no disconnections on all my games consoles including the xbox one.

Until you get a new router you can open the NAT in COD by forwarding UDP port 3076 to the xbox one

Also if the xbox dashboard NAT is showing moderate or strict as well then you may be able to force that open by doing a multiplayer test in the xbox one settings app then once it finishes press and hold both triggers and bumper buttons simultaneously until the detailed network stats screen is displayed. Press A then it should force open the NAT. You sometimes need to do this two or three times. This will not open the NAT in COD or any other activision game though due to the incompatibilty with demonware port mapping.

jhoughton2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

I agree with you Malacath just had a new HH5 sent by BT and lo and behold still laggy on COD and FIFA

Ive forwarded the port you suggested and COD does seem better but FIFA is still ify so Im going to complain again to BT and get a new router for myself as you have but I was wondering if you knew of an all in one solution that I could use to replace the HH5 with one piece instead of an openreach modem then another router?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

The TP Link TD-W9980 at about £70 is a good buy, just bought one myself ready for when we get FTTC shortly.

jhoughton2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

thanks for the suggestion licquorice is the w9980 an all in one replacement for the HH5 i.e. i wouldnt need an openreach modem?

where did you buy it from for £70 as well?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

Yep, combined modem router. I will send you a pm with the source, it will get deleted by the mods if I post on here.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

0 Ratings