cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Malacath
Expert
Message 11 of 13

Re: Xbox One issues (possible replacement for HH5?)

Just something to be aware of when buying a new router if you still own and use your 360.

Not all routers are capable of having open NATs when you own both a 360 and xbox one due to the UPnP not being so good.

A good thing to do before buying any router is check the network hardware forums on xbox.com to see if any router you are planning on buying has confirmed multi-console support. If it doesn't have confirmed multi-console support then you will have NAT issues on either the 360 or xbox one or maybe even both.

The TP-Link router mentioned above is not listed in the hardware forums so I have no idea if that has multi-console support or not.

I will say though that I used to use a TP-Link router which is a totally different model number than the one mentioned and that didn't have multi-console support. I used to get moderate NATs on the 360 with that. I'm not saying the one mentioned above will have the same problems though but maybe try researching it online before commiting to buying it.

Other than that the TP-Link I owned was 1000 times better than the home hub 5

0 Ratings
jhoughton2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 13

I dont have my 360 anymore so im hoping I wont have any problems but im gonna research to see if anyone has used it with and xbox one and maybe get in touch with microsoft to see what they recommend 

0 Ratings
Malacath
Expert
Message 13 of 13

If you only own the one console then that tp-link will probably be fine. You may need to use address reservation in the routers settings through to keep the NAT open.

But it's still best to do your research before buying.

0 Ratings