cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Xbox Woes

Hi

I am having trouble with NAT status on my Smart Hub 2 and Xbox's. I have a Series X (connected via Ethernet) and a Xbox One (connected wirelessly) I have done the port forwarding as suggested on other websites/forum posts but as you are aware I can only do it on one so have opened the ports required on the series X only. I have set the IP's on both the consoles and the router to static but, am still getting problems when both are connected at the same time. Sometimes they are Open (vary rare) and sometimes they are moderate and on the very odd occasion I have had the dreaded Strict NAT type.  UPNP is turned on as you cannot turn it off for individual devices.

I am now at my wits end and can find nothing online which helps with this, even the BT twitter team just pointed me to a forum about flipping call of duty (because apparently that's the only multi-player game) and said to ask on here...so here I am 🙂

ports for Xbox series X placed into port forwarding are:

TCP/UDP: 3074

UDP: 88, 500,3544,4500

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Steve

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Xbox Woes

HI Steve, did you get a solution for this?  I've just upgraded to BT full fibre which has also upgraded my router from  BT Smart Hub to BT Smart Hub 2.  As a result of this my kids two Xbox's no longer work.  Both devices are cabled in and do not use wifi. The only setting I had to change previously was the DNS settings, which I updated to use googles DNS servers  I never had any NATing or port forwarding issues before as UPnP seemed to handle everything OK.

Matt,

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi, no I didn't. The only thing I did was give each xbox it's own ip address (on both the xbox settings and the router settings) and open the ports. It is very hit and miss on what happens when they are both online at the same time. They both go online but the NAT settings are very temperamental 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Still having the same issues a year later. Can't beleive there is no solution. The only differance now is it's two Xbox Series X consoles not one and a Xbox one... 😞

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi Steve, 

My son has been having the same issue recently. Also an Xbox series X. I don't recall having any issues before with NAT types. Always been open, but the past few weeks its been Strict or not available. I was a gamer myself up until the past couple of years so I was always pretty clued up with opening ports and all the router settings, but it seems even all the correct ports open still doesn't seem to resolve the issue. I've power cycled the xbox, and also factory reset my smart hub 2. Seems to have done the trick, but still sometimes can go back to strict and then I have to do it all again. My lad is currently gaming wirelessly so there is always going to be extra hurdles.

Makes me wonder whether its certain games or apps on the xbox which can trigger it to change to strict NAT type..

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi

I'm still having the same problems with it. I have reset the hub back to factory settings a couple of times now( not because of this but something else) and that makes no difference. 

Interesting thing is though that the gaming laptops we have are brilliant at everything except downloading games from the xbox app.... There's something BT hubs do not like about Xboxs and their systems but, I still can't figure it out 

Unfortunately the BT hubs are not t very user friendly when it comes to setting up your network so unless you want to buy your own hub/router then I guess I will never be able to work it out.

Thanks for your reply 👍

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

I’m having the exact same issue, for a couple of weeks the gameplay has been laggy to the point of unplayable. I’ve tried everything with the router and Xbox and monitor. Nothing has worked. At this point I don’t know what else I can try…..
0 Ratings