cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sean095x
Message 1 of 8

Xbox one connection

Hello Im posting on here cause im out of ideas and genuinely fed up.

Long story short, I have been told nothing is wrong with my connection i have had engineers out, been on the phone multiple times, the lot.

So, my bt smart hub and fibre broadband is a joke. At my last house the same internet could hold out with 4 different devices streaming at once no issue.

In my new house the same internet can not handle an xbox one and phone streaming at the same time. Yes I know different locations will determine quality but it shouldnt be that different.

I have split the bandwith, port forwarded the xbox, the lot and my internet just sturggles to maintain an xbox one and a phone streaming videos at the same time and it is a joke. Somebody help please.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Xbox one connection

Welcome to this user forum.

What upload and download speed are you getting on an Etherned connected computer?

Are all of the devices connected via wireless, as that will limit the bandwidth?

0 Ratings
Sean095x
Message 3 of 8

Between 30 and 40 dowload and 4-5 upload.
Yeah they are wireless so i know it will be affected but it shouldn't lag me about and struggle for a pgone
0 Ratings
Sean095x
Message 4 of 8

30-40 download and 5 upload.
I know multiple wireless affects it but surely i shouldn't be lagging about with just a phone and xbox connected?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Try turning Smart Setup off.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

Also try separating and renaming the SSIDs.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/related/1

Wireless can be very unreliable, and I would not recommend it to connect to an Xbox, a direct cable or powerline adapters would be better.

Only one device can use a wireless channel at a time, so each device has to take it in turn to use the channel. In practice you would not notice this, but it does introduce latancy.

0 Ratings
Sean095x
Message 6 of 8

I have just turned smart setup off and already had bandwith separated.
0 Ratings
NextGenG
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Agree power line adapters would be the way to go. Personally I use these for my Playstation. Also agree that 40MB should easily support your devices but if you can’t get to the bottom of the problem adapters should solve it 

0 Ratings
Sean095x
Message 8 of 8

Alright ill give the suggestions a go. Thankyou for the help guys
0 Ratings