cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SJGBUFC85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 20

Xbox one games lagging.

Hi i have an Xbox One and playing p2p games is impossible Fifa/Pro Evo 2016 i know about EA being bad but even on their forums no one's Fifa lags every match. So at the start of the week i bought Pro Evolution scoccer 2016 and the same thing happens i notice on that the game starts fine but by half time i move the player one way and he moves the other. Everything feels out of sync/delayed.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: Xbox one games lagging.

Hi @SJGBUFC85,

Welcome to the community forum. 

Are you connecting your Xbox One wirelessly? Have you tried a wired connection, in order to rule out a problem with the wireless?

Could you try running the BT speed tester using http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/, you'll need to complete this test using a wired connection. Please post back the results and this will give us a good indication of how your connection is preforming.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
SJGBUFC85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 20

Hi  @PaddyB

Yeah the xbox one is always Wired the speed shows as good but on p2p the games feel out of sync or something.

5a8f0fd834d5d4dee80cf6cdd33ca83e.png

d4048759493b6696f8af319b2a2c5558.png

0 Ratings
SJGBUFC85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 20

a80be59b4a3485d04ce4cf2fbe3f9c54.png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

Hi @SJGBUFC85,

Thanks for posting the results. can you try the quiet line test by connecting the phoine to the test socket and dialling 17070 option 2. Let us know if there is any noise present during the test.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
SJGBUFC85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 20

Hi @DavidM

Just tried the quiet line test cant hear anything.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

Thanks for confirming that @SJGBUFC85.

Looking at your test results your noise margin is a little high at 19.8db but that should reduce automatically. Once that comes down you might see an improvement.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
SJGBUFC85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 20

Hi@DavidM

Hi only found about this Test a few mths ago and im pretty sure Noise Margin has always been high.

Here's for today.

8fdc91ceaf03a91de05018e8a8abe695.png

0 Ratings
SJGBUFC85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 20

Hi @DavidM Just a quick update as the gaming is worst than ever.

The Power went off or i would have repiled a while ago would high Noise margin cause lag.

Have also noticed page's on my laptop taken longer to load.

1980d2173d3d562cc04b681383c48238.png

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

Hi @SJGBUFC85

Thanks for posting back.

Your speeds look fine.  The high noise margin wouldn't cause the lag.  You are getting the fastest speed available on BT Infinity option 1.  The noise margin is high as it looks like your line has the potential to support BT Infinity 2 speeds.

You could try running a trace route but apart from that there isn't really anything else we can suggest as your connection looks fine.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings