Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Crismass9
Beginner
Message 1 of 18

Yale Smart Alarm System set up.

Hello, 

I am in the process of trying to set up my Yale alarm system. At present it is acting as if their is no internet connectivity to the device. 

I have been advised to open up ports 5222 & 8765. When mentioning this to BT help desk they directed me to Smart hub manager and told me to create a forwarding rule for the associated IP address. The issue I face is using (as advised) port 80 as a start point for port 5222 means I can’t retrospectively use port 80 for 8765. 

Am I doing this process correctly? 

Is there a simpler way of doing this? 

Thank you you in advance. 

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Yale Smart Alarm System set up.

First of all is it possible to access  the Alarm System whilst away from the house, if not there is no requirement for port forwarding. I suggest the first thing you do is disable Smart Setup in the BT Hub manager, this causes untold problems with devices such as alarm systems that can't launch a browser.

If it is possible to access the device whilst away from home and you need to open ports 5222 and 8765 I'm not sure where port 80 comes into it. Just create 2 rules and map external port start 5222 end 5222 to internal start 5222 end 5222 similarly with port 8765 for the IP address of your alarm system. You will also require the service of a dynamic DNS service such as NoIP or DynDNS  as your public IP address will be dynamic and will change.

0 Ratings
Crismass9
Beginner
Message 3 of 18

I’ve done that and still no response. Is there a way of making sure the devices IP address isn’t blocked? 

The alarm system is managed by smartphones so you will at times need access to it. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 18

Understand it is managed by smartphone, but is that when away from the property or in the property? Port forwarding is only required if you are accessing the device remotely from the property via your public IP address not when in the property. Can you see the device in the network map of the smart hub? Which exact model is it?

0 Ratings
Crismass9
Beginner
Message 5 of 18

The Model is SR-Hub as part of the Yale Smart Living. 

The advice given is as follows 

Check your firewall configuration and make sure port 5222, port 8765 are open on your router, and that the Yale Smart Hub’s MAC address is not being blocked by your firewall.’

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 18

Can you see the device in the network map of the BT hub?

0 Ratings
Crismass9
Beginner
Message 7 of 18

Yes, it’s on there.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 18

I don't understand why it needs port forwarding but are you sure you have created the 2 rules correctly  and then allocated those rules to the IP address of the Yale Hub as shown in the network map and definitely disabled smart setup in the BT hub.

0 Ratings
Crismass9
Beginner
Message 9 of 18

I’ve done it all as suggested. This is the current position I’ve came to when being advised of both BT and Yale. My confusion was as to what the start and end point For the ports. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 18

Is it the SR 310/320/330/340 series of devices? What indication are you getting that there is no internet connection?

0 Ratings