cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vivienz
Message 1 of 6

Youview box and new home hub 5.0 not connecting

Hi,

I have just received a new home hub 5.0 after my old 3.0 failed following some sort of problem with the connection to the exchange.

The new hub is functioning and I've connected my mobile devices (laptop and phone) with no issues.  My youview box won't connect to the broadband.  I've switched everything off at the mains and back on again several times.  I've also tried manual connect using all the addresses for the network as well as autoconnect, several times for each method, but the youview box still can't connect.  The TV is 2 floors down from the hub and I have a BT wireless extender in the loft (where the hub is) and the lounge where the TV is.  The wireless extender in the lounge is connected to the youview box via an ethernet cable.

I'm not sure what to try next.  Can anyone help, please?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Youview box and new home hub 5.0 not connecting

Did you reset your wireless extender to connect with the HH5 instead of the HH3.

0 Ratings
vivienz
Message 3 of 6

No, I wasn't aware of this. Is that link button on the extender or do I do it another way?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
vivienz
Message 4 of 6

The extender that is in the loft is wired to the router with an ethernet cable.  I'm not sure if this makes any difference - please excuse my ignorance!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Just to clarify as I may have picked you up wrong. Are you connecting via powerline adaptors i.e one plugged in at the Homehub connected by an Ethernet cable then at the other end another powerline adaptor connected to your TV by an Ethernet cable. In other words you are not using the wireless function of the adaptor.

If that is the case you should not need to reset them and the should just reconnect however it may be that they do need to be re-linked.

You should also make sure that you turn off "smart set up" on the Homehub.

See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

0 Ratings
vivienz
Message 6 of 6

Thanks again, gg. That is exactly my set up. I must apologise, the hub that I have is actually a 6.0.
I have switched off the smart function for the hub and re-linked the two extenders. However, when I ask the youview box to connect automatically to the hub, they still aren't talking.
Can you suggest anything else for me to try?
0 Ratings