cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leg2ion
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

ath00: STA : Client associated/disassociated

I know this has been asked before, but none of the threads seem to give an answer (that I can find anyway).

The OR engineers have visited today to sort out my capped download speed, which they have done (as per my post in a different thread).

However, my HH5 log is full of the following:

17:56:57, 30 Apr.ath10: STA 38:aa:3c:39:cc:fb IEEE 802.11: Client disassociated
17:56:57, 30 Apr.ath10: STA 38:aa:3c:39:cc:fb IEEE 802.11: Client associated
17:56:46, 30 Apr.ath00: STA 38:aa:3c:39:cc:fb IEEE 802.11: Client disassociated
17:56:46, 30 Apr.ath00: STA 38:aa:3c:39:cc:fb IEEE 802.11: Client associated
17:56:31, 30 Apr.ath10: STA 38:aa:3c:39:cc:fb IEEE 802.11: Client disassociated
17:56:31, 30 Apr.ath10: STA 38:aa:3c:39:cc:fb IEEE 802.11: Client associated
17:56:20, 30 Apr.ath00: STA 38:aa:3c:39:cc:fb IEEE 802.11: Client disassociated
17:56:20, 30 Apr.ath00: STA 38:aa:3c:39:cc:fb IEEE 802.11: Client associated
17:56:06, 30 Apr.ath00: STA 38:aa:3c:39:cc:fb IEEE 802.11: Client disassociated
17:56:06, 30 Apr.ath00: STA 38:aa:3c:39:cc:fb IEEE 802.11: Client associated

As you can see, that is only one minutes worth only (I didn't think it necessary to fill an entire page or two)!

The question is, is this 'normal' behaviour - I am guessing not? Oddly, the MAC address is that of my laptop, and that appears to be the only device affected. There is another laptop connected wirelessly, along with a games console, tablet, various phones etc, but they don't seem to be affected at all.

Additionally mine is the only laptop/device that regularly drops off the wireless network with DNS server not responding errors, although these errors do not correspond - datestamp wise - with any of the entries in the log as per the table above.. 

I have tried 'a lot' trying to rid myself of the DNS server errors, but coupled with the fact mine is the only device in the log, could this potentially be an indication the wireless card in the laptop is dying?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Semmy
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: ath00: STA : Client associated/disassociated

Just had a similar issue on my HH5.

The nice chap on the online chat agreed with me that the hub was failing and sent me a new one.

This has cured the issue for me.
0 Ratings
Leg2ion
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Which is what I have - interesting. Mebbe give it a go -although things have calmed down somewhat today, though still getting a lot of entries.

Of more interest is when I was chatting to the OR engineers yesterday, they asked me if I had a HH5 'a' or 'b', and grimaced when I said 'a'.

0 Ratings
Leg2ion
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

@Leg2ion wrote:

Additionally mine is the only laptop/device that regularly drops off the wireless network with DNS server not responding errors, although these errors do not correspond - datestamp wise - with any of the entries in the log as per the table above.. 

I have tried 'a lot' trying to rid myself of the DNS server errors, but coupled with the fact mine is the only device in the log, could this potentially be an indication the wireless card in the laptop is dying?

As an update, I tried splitting the two wireless signals apart, and giving them each a different SSID. I then connected to the 2.4ghz signal, (as I was getting the same errors on the 5ghz) and since then have had no disconnects, no DNS server errors, and the amount of log entires has reduced to what I would call reasonable.

So, I am guessing there is some sort of incompatability between my laptop and the hub using the 5ghz signal.  Odd though as my tablet is connected to the same signal with no issues at all, and using InSSIDer mine is the only 5ghz wifi signal in the (local) area, no others being detected.

If anyone can shed any light on DNS server errors - when connected to a 5ghz wifi signal - I would be very interested. I have tried all sorts of fixes, from manually setting DNS server addresses in the card properties all the way through to using the basic old drivers through to the very latest.

0 Ratings