cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

broadband keeps dropping out

Hi,  I hope someone could help me to solve this mystery.

I have experienced broadband issues since Thursday 19th Nov. My internet has been dropping out constantly during the day, but only on particular days. I have had 4 different engineers looking at the issue and no one seems to fix it once for all.

when I have called BT they could see my connection dropped out last Monday 400 times!!! is that even possible? not able to be connected for even 1 minute. An engineer came on Tuesday and did something outside my place. It worked f ok for 1 hour after he left and then started again.

I had the same problem again yesterday and today and I can see a pattern now. It starts dropping out at about 9am and it keeps doing that until 5pm. After 5pm all works superb and no issues at all. This has been the pattern in the last couple of days. During the weekend it works fine too!

any thoughts?? this is very odd and WFH does not help either! Not sure what to do!!!

thanks 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: broadband keeps dropping out

do you have anything in your home that switches on about 9am and switches of about 5pm - boiler or alarm or something similar?  Even something close outside

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: broadband keeps dropping out

No, nothing at my place. We have lived here for 2 years and no problems at all until 2 weeks ago. It is not always the exact same pattern but in the mornings it seems it drops out every week day and in the evenings it works fine mostly everyday.

Weekends it seems fine morning and evening. But BT is not able to understand why either. 

0 Ratings