Message 21 of 109

Re: bt dns issues southwest

0 Ratings
Resonance
Contributor
Message 22 of 109

@Andydigital wrote:

It was never a problem with the DNS, i've not used BT DNS for 4 years and yet I was still effected by the problems this morning. IT WAS (still is for me without VPN) A ROUTING ISSUE.

Yes, definitely not a DNS issue. Using Google's servers made no difference. Without connecting to a VPN my connection is still useless.

0 Ratings
Andydigital
Contributor
Message 23 of 109

I'm actually finding pages load quicker through my vyprVPN connection than they do without it, even when the system was working normally. Just shows you how naff the network is at BT these days. It has been getting progressively worse over the last 6 months. 

Cheers, Andy.
0 Ratings
19nbg71
Expert
Message 24 of 109

Re: bt dns/routing issues southwest

still having problems as before with certain pages loading slowly/not at all there has been lots of planned maintenance for my area code and still more to come.. so going to wait it out until all is finished before reporting my problems here...
0 Ratings
gravesend46
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 109

Re: BT DNS Issue Currently in London?

Struggling along here in N. Kent too. Can't load Apple Music at all, 75% of other websites slow or unresponsive.

Going via VPN improves things a bit which would seem to suggest a DNS issue to me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Gazza02
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 109

It seems like its slowly getting a but better? this forum still is hit and miss if it loads or not but websites I couldn't reach before seem to be loading but images on them still sometimes fail to load
0 Ratings
Shadd
Contributor
Message 27 of 109

You can change your DnS and that will fix the pages that don't load but there seems to be another problem to as even though the pages will load with a different DnS it's still very slow. list of reputable DnS Norton DnS Google DnS Comodo DnS Open DnS (needs you to join if I am correct) A how to change your Dns guide https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using And once it's fixed you just reverse the process.
0 Ratings
mont348
Contributor
Message 28 of 109

Same here in Staffordshire web browsing at a snail pace tried changing DNS servers on my second router upstairs no difference,also affecting sign in and NAT type on the PS4.
0 Ratings
Resonance
Contributor
Message 29 of 109

For anyone who has access to one connecting via a VPN cures the problem. I'm currently doing so as a temporary workaround

0 Ratings
gravesend46
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 109

Depends where I target my VPN. 

Alternative Irish, UK and Belgian servers made no difference, but currently flying along with the Norwegians!!

0 Ratings