cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helzapoppin
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

bt home page

just got a new dell laptop windows 10. in exploerer 11 can you make bt your home page, becuase i got this on the bt home page your current operating system is not supported.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: bt home page

Why would you want to make BT your home page?

Liam_
Expert
Message 3 of 9

Hi,

IE is pretty naff.  Try Firefox, Waterfox or something else.   Edge is even worse.

0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 4 of 9

Not sure what you mean 'current operating system is not supported.'
I dual boot Win 7 & 10.  Last post was 7 this is while in Win10 and BT homepage loads fine in Waterfox.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 9

I guess you are clicking on the "Make BT.com my homepage" link on the main bt.com web site.  That then takes you to another web page view-source:https://www.bt.com/static/includes/account/portal/?TARGET=$SM$http%3A%2F%2Fhome.bt.com

Looking at the source of that page, it attempts to work out what web browser you are using and presents the appropriate instructions.  However, there's no entry for "Edge", so it just presents a generic "not supported" message.

Ignore all that.  If you want to make bt.com your home page, then just tell your web browser to make it your home page.  I don't know how to do that in Edge, since I'm a Luddite who refused to upgrade from Win7.  But it's been an option somewhere in every web browser i have used for many years.

0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 6 of 9

If you really want bt.com as the home page then paste it in, once on the page, via tools set as home page.

Let's assume the menu bar is missing.

Right-click the title-bar, the top-most strip across Internet Explorer, to see the pop-up menu.

Choose Menu Bar

Then try Tools/Options/ & probably the General, tab, button whatever.  Then 'use current page'  rather self explanatory.

Can't be any more exact as I refuse to use IE.  Think the last time I used it was Windows 95, IE3 on and only long enough to find and download Netscape.  Then Phoenix when it came out, forward to present and 64bit Waterfox.

0 Ratings
helzapoppin
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

i was clicking on the link has you said ectophile, i have got another web page nsandi when i log into it using exploorer 11 it

says your browser is not supported. so i thought it might work logging on through( bt home page google) but i still get your

browser is not supported. if i use edge browser to log on to nsand i dont the message.then kaspersky safe money does not

work with the edge browser. thats why i was trying bt home page.

i am using bing has my home page in explorer 11, tried google thats works with nsandi ok but i dont like all the **bleep** what comes with google. thanks for all the replys

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Try using Opera as a browser, it seems to work with sites that are picky about browsers.

0 Ratings
helzapoppin
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

ok i will give that a try thanks

0 Ratings