cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
evaw
Message 1 of 4

bt net protect plus keeps turning off

I have BT Net Protect Plus (McAfee) installed on my laptop, but it keeps turning itself off. I have tried checking it 3 times today, and twice it was on, now it's turned itself off again. I keep checking the security settings, one minute it's off, the next it's on. I am fairly new to computing, and I have no idea why that's happening. How can I fix it so that it stays on?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: bt net protect plus keeps turning off

My advice and that of others on this forum is to uninstall BTNetprotect/ McAfee. It can cause problems on some computers. It uses a lot of computer resources and does not score very well on antivirus reviews. You can get much better free antivirus programs such as Microsoft Security Essential, AVG 2013 Free or Avast Free to name a few.

If you do decide to uninstall it then follow this guide. Make sure after you have uninstalled it you run the BTNetprotect removal tool after you restart your computer.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13523/~/i-don't-want-bt-netprotect-plus-anymore.-how-...

If you do uninstall it make sure you download and install another antivirus program.

If however you wish to keep BTNetprotect then you may find that your problem will be fixed if you uninstall it as described above then reinstall it. Follow this guide.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38369/~/how-to-remove-then-reinstall-bt-netprotect-pl...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
db218
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

McAffee and many other anti-malware, anti-virus softwares are best graded on the Bristol Stool Scale 😉

and some may only score 3 on the Glasgow Coma Scale Smiley Surprised

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

ROFL.gif

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.