cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

cable juction between NTE and HomeHub

I have an external NTE installed to run my traditional fibre connection. (No FTTH available here.)
It has 3 UTP cables installed on the consumer (right) side: 1. phone 1 (does nothing at all), 2. phone 2, 3. internet. Both of them are connected via the orange / white orange simply.
In the house, we have the version 1 master socket some at least 10-15 meters away with double connection points (and no filters as far as I see) connected with one single UTP (cable no 4): orange&white-orange to the data, while green&white-green to the phone. (Cable no 4 is definitely not the same as cable No3 coming into the house.) 

Which means the two external UTP-s are connected together somewhere to run to the internal master socket.

Is it the best practice ?

Or could this explain my connection issues? (Again I have no idea if the coupling of the cable 2 & 3 & 4 has been made by some proper shielded connection box or just connected the wires simply...)  
Should I invest in cabling and move my master socket (and the HH) closer to the external NTE to eliminate the unknown junction between them?  

Ext NTE

NET               -------orange---------                                                              ----orange----------       

(Cable 3)         -------or-white-------                   ?????                                 -----or-white-------         internal master

unknown junction        --------green-------        socket 

TEL                 -------orange--------                                                                --------gr-white----      (Cable 4)

(Cable 2)          -------or-white------            

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: cable juction between NTE and HomeHub

Pictures 

Ext NTE box 

external NTE with the cables  1,2,3external NTE with the cables 1,2,3Master socket with cable 4Master socket with cable 4Master socket in placeMaster socket in place

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

These external master sockets were a disaster for broadband as they created star wiring  with extension connected to line before the master socket.  I thought wiring in these was changed to go to master and then extensions were run fo master avoiding star wiring

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I think my one does split of data and phone and does the star shape only for phone. 

0 Ratings