cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

cannot access BT Hub Manager after changing Hub's IP address

Go to solution

Iam trying to create an Access Point using my old BT Home Hub 4 (I now have FTTP  running a Smart Hub 2).

From a network isolated laptop running Windows 10 Pro  I connect the Hub 4  via ethernet cable and launch the hub manager (192.168.1.254) under ' DHCP settings' I disable DHCPand that verifies OK.

However when I change the  Hub 4's IP address (to 192.168.1.60 for instance)  which seems to take effect, the MS Edge browser tries to automatically reference 192.168.1.254. So I cancel the browser and re-launch it still tries to reference ....254when I open another tab and enter 192.168.1.60 it say it cannot find it.

Any suggestions please ???

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: cannot access BT Hub Manager after changing Hub's IP address

Go to solution

Use a different browser

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: cannot access BT Hub Manager after changing Hub's IP address

Go to solution

Thanks for your prompt reply,  repeated whole process using Chrome - same result.

Even though I was entering 192.168.1.60 in the address bar it was still trying address 192.168.1.254.

The same occuredr when I cancelled Chrome and relauched it entering .......60 again.

However I have resolved the problem, I shut down the laptop, powered off the router waited a short while,  powered both up again made sure wireless was OFF on the laptop, launched Edge and type in the. .............60 nddress .

Hey Presto I now have access to Hub Manager !!!

Thanks

0 Ratings