cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 8

changed from sky to bt infinity now connection slow on ps4

I have just changed from sky broadband to bt infinity. I've managed to connect my daughters ps4 to the internet but the connection is really slow and keeps dropping so she can't play online even when no one else is using the Internet.  If someone else wants to use the Internet she can't play at all! Do I have to adjust the settings on the ps4 or the home hub 5, when setting up the ps4 I used auto settings.

Please could someone let me know what to do

Thanks in advance

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: changed from sky to bt infinity now connection slow on ps4

turn off smat setup http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

are you connecting wired or wireless?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Connecting wirelessly. Able to use I player on ps4, this seems to work ok, its when playing on psn the connection seems to drop.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

can you try using a wired connection
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

I've tuned the smart set up off as suggested, next time my daughter is online will see how that goes.

don't really want to have it wired, worked fine wirelessly with sky broadband so don't want to have it wired now as it's upstairs, too far to wire it to router. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

if wireless have you split the 2.4 and 5ghz networks  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/related/1   many devices do not like the 2 syncing together

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

I've tried taking off the smart set up and split the 2.4ghz and 5 but still can't get a stable connection, when you do a test it shows its working. Will run a temporary wire from hub to ps4 to see if this works.

Thanks for your help everyone.

0 Ratings