cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
vix2000
Message 1 of 4

connect home hub 6 to apple airport time capsule

is it possible to piggy back the ATC to the HH6 to extend the wifi range in my house, and, if so, can anyone advise me of the best way to do it please?

I have just found this on another old thread, and was wondering if this is still correct? 

I don't know anything about the sky router but the genetral principle is the same for whatever router. You will need to give the sky box an IP address outside the DHCP range of the HUB such as 192.168.1.50, set the gateway to 192.168.1.254. Disable DHCP on the sky box and connect any LAN port on the Hub to any LAN port on the sky box either directly by Ethernet cable or by powerline adaptors.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: connect home hub 6 to apple airport time capsule

Yep

0 Ratings
bringbackmono
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

..I think for the ATC to work as your Time Machine backup you will have use the signal from the ATC as your WiFi source, the HH6 would be redundant in that regard...so unless your ATC has a better signal/distance performance then there isn't much point.... forgetting TM you could run a cable to where you want the ATC to be sited and connect it to the WAN port of the HH6 and then devices nearer to the ATC could connect wirelessly to the ATC rather than the HH6.....all sounds a bit messy though unless the devices are static.....ipads and MacBooks would need to have their wireless choice changed as you moved them about....
0 Ratings
xmb
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I have my time Capsule connected to the Router via an Ethernet cable and then used the Airport Utility to configure the ATC as Bridge mode. You can also do the same without the Ethernet connection but obviously may have speed issues depending on the Wi-Fi signal (make sure you split the SSID on the HH so the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands have different names).

0 Ratings