cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 11

connecting HP printer to BT Smart Hub

Hi

I am struggling to connect my printer (HP Officejet Pro 6960) to my wifi network.  I had it connected fine prior to switching over to BT from another network provider.  Can anyone please recommend how I can go about connecting the 2 please.

Many Thanks in advance

Sam 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: connecting HP printer to BT Smart Hub

did you turn off smart setup inthe hub?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 11

How do i go about turning that off please and will it affect everythig else I have connected
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

To turn off "smart setup" on the Homehub.

See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

After you have done that you should carry out a factory reset on your printer then carry out the initial connection guide that came with the printer. Make sure you use the Smarthubs wireless key/password and not the admin password.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

I also ran into this problem... HP Officejet Pro 6830 and Smart Hub 5. Turned off smart setup didnt work. Finally got it to work by setting Wireless mode on the BT Smart Hub to 'Mode 2'.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

You are posting on a two year old thread so hopefully the OP, who may not reply,  has resolved the problem but I sure your reply may be of use to others who may have the same problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Agreed. I was looking for somewhere, helpful for others, to post this.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

In fact this did NOT work. There is a well documented issue with HP printers failing to connect to multi-AP home wifi networks. The only lasting solution I found is to set the nearest AP to the HP printer to use channel 1 on the 2.4Ghz band. The other APs will (hopefully) auto-select other channels.

To repeat, changing mode on the BT Smart Hub was not a lasting solution and in fact I was able to change back to mode 3 once I had set the 2.4Ghz channel to 1.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

Have you tried  turning off the 5GHz  and getting your printer to connect to the 2.4GHz. Once the printer has connected turn the 5GHz back on.

0 Ratings