cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beechlands
Message 1 of 8

connecting new home hub 6 to printer

Go to solution

I have configured the printer HP 3050 to the new hub using USB cable but now cable disconnected (I keep the printer in another room normally) it is not connecting wirelessly - 'printer is offline' message - even though the printer is showing a steady blue light and so is the hub. I have tried pressing the WPS button on the printer and router. getting WPS error message on printer.

solution?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: connecting new home hub 6 to printer

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

have you turned of smartsetup?  set up wireless manually and entered wireless password

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
beechlands
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

With the USB cable connecting computer and printer, I turned smart set up off and tried to configure the printer using HP printer utility. After following a few steps,  it eventually said it was connected to my network. But then I disconnected the USB cable so I could put the printer back where it belongs and the printer went off line again, so it is still not connecting wirelessly. Even though the blue light on the printer is still steady.  I tried using the WPS button but that has not worked either. Any help appreciated.

0 Ratings
beechlands
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

further to last message I have gone into the smart set up screen for my devices and I see that 'This device either does not support or is not configured for IPv6 addressing' so does this in fact mean I need to get a new printer?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

You do not need a new printer, your existing one should connect without any issues, but the home hub 6 does seem to have a lot of issues with devices.

IPv6 is not used on your local LAN, so the message is meaningless in this instance.

Provided you use manual setup, not WPS, then you should have no problems.

Which home hub were you using before, or is this a new connection?

If you are printing from a Windows PC, make sure your connection is configured as a Private connection, which has network and device discovery enabled by default.

That is not the case for a public connection, and you will not be able to connect to the printer.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I have 4 wifi printers connected to my hh6 all without any problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
beechlands
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Ok I found a help sheet on the HP website and after adding a USB printer, then takingout the cable, then deleting that printer, then adding a bonjour printer I do seem to have fixed the problem. But I feel it was a bit more difficult than I would have liked it to be.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to anser my question.

0 Ratings