Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gresford
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

connecting the disc

Go to solution

is it possible to connect a satellite with a powerline ethernet cable in a room with no wifi signal ?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 8

Re: connecting the disc

Go to solution

Depending upon the house wiring, yes.

I assume you've tried it and not been able to get it to work?

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Please confirm the type of Disc you are attempting to connect ?
0 Ratings
Gresford
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
I haven't tried it yet, I wanted to know if in principle, it was possible. the implication in the literature is that the RJ45 connection in the back of the disc is to be used for other devices that need a hardwired connection.
0 Ratings
Gresford
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
I have fibre w/halo1 and the disc is the one that comes w/the smart hub: on the back it is described as: Wi-Fi Disc
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@Gresfordwrote:
I haven't tried it yet, I wanted to know if in principle, it was possible. the implication in the literature is that the RJ45 connection in the back of the disc is to be used for other devices that need a hardwired connection.

That's correct.

As long as your disc is paired with your hub and working there is absolutely no reason why it shouldn't work if you plug it into your Sky Box. I had a BT TV box operating in the same configuration for months with no problems 

lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Yes you can connect the disc to the HUB using powerline but it will be limited by the speed of the powerline device, however BT Have a WiFi Guaranty with complete WiFi, call then they may provide additional discs Free of charge 🙂 As to the disc RJ45, yes you can connect wired devices to this port.
Gresford
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
thanks for that Inajr02, the problem is that the signal from the smart hub does not reach, so hard wire is the only answer (I think!); I can put as many discs as you suggest in the room but if there is no signal to pick up . . .? the room is, however, on the same electrical circuit as the hub, I can then use wireless devices in the room that are fed by the disc, which is in turn fed by the powerline.
0 Ratings