Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mikesin1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

dd-wrt access via BTHH5

Go to solution

Prior to upgrading to Infinity I used ADSl through a -dd-wrt router that allowed me remote access to the GUI of the dd-wrt - I could check device status from afar and power up my home PCs if need be.  

Having installed Infinity I lost most of these facilities. I therefore bought a Huawei HG612, unlocked it, reinstalled my dd-wrt and all was good - apart from the fact that I could not get BT internet TV channels 'cos my dd-wrt would not pass the IPTV stuff.

So BTHH5 is back in service. 

Can some one guide me on how to set up my dd-wrt as a second router after the BTHH5 - my idea is to keep the Youview box on LAN1 from the HH5, connect dd-wrt router  onto another BTHH5 lan port and then connect my other PCs wired and wireless to dd-wrt but I want to be able to access the dd-wrt GUI for info and WOL (and WOWan).

I have a ddns service that updates my WAN IP so I can access via a host name - but how do I get to the GUI of the dd-wrt router??

Thanks in anticipation

Mike

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: dd-wrt access via BTHH5

Go to solution

Give the dd-wrt router an IP address outside of the DHCP range of the HH and just connect LAN-LAN. Turn off DHCP on the dd-wrt and either let the hub allocate IP addresses or give your devices static addresses. You just access the dd-wrt GUI via its new address.

0 Ratings
Mikesin1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks

dd-wrt is 192.168.2.1, HH5 is 192.168.1.xxx,  dd-wrt DHCP off iand other settiings changed.

I can access web via devices connected to dd-wrt LAN to LAN to HH5 but cannot get into the GUI from either devices on dd-wrt or devices on HH5

According to the HH5 the dd-wrt is not on the network as a device

Any thoughts?

Mike

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

Yes, you need to change the address of the dd-wrt to the same subnet as the HH, i.e 192.168.1.xx but outside of the HH DHCP range (which is 192.168.1.64 - 192.168.1.253)

0 Ratings
Mikesin1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

OK changed dd-wrt to 192.168.1.1 and can now access from LAN at home - tried using external connect via another nearby BT wifi but cannot get to GUI.  In fact I cannot get to any app that I would like to remote access even if I specify my external IP together with the port forward - eg. CETON xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5833 - I knew how to do this on the dd-wrt but I am not sure on the BTHH5 - is there a way I can use the dd-wrt router to do all this port forwarding - - can i just 'passthrough' the BTHH5 as if it didn't exist - all of the devices I want to get to are on the dd-wrt router?

Thanks   again

Mike

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

Any port forwarding has to be done on the HH. The dd-wrt is just another device on your LAN now and is just a switch rather than a true router.

0 Ratings
Mikesin1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

Some success. I have created the routing tables for two applications (CETON and PLEX)  and Router GUI.

I can access all via the LAN from any device and can access the PLEX app via the WAN. I cannot access the CETON app or the router GUI via the WAN. I have tried placiing the router in the DMZ on the BTHH5 but no difference. I have tried direct access to the router via my public IP: pppp (port number) - no success  I have tried via my ddns  setup ( BTHH5 confirms IP is up to date and logging in to my ddns service shows the public IP to be correct. This all worked before with the dd-wrt as the main router.  I tried using http://canyouseeme.org:8080 and the connection returned as refused. However my PLEX server on port 32xxx returned success. Can you offer any advice/suggestions

Thanks again   

Mike

0 Ratings
Mikesin1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution
Port5833 ceton shows as open but I cannot connect over the WAN
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

Ensure you have turned off UPnP on the HH

0 Ratings
Mikesin1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

I have now and no effect. I am now concentrating on solving the CETON access problem to avoid too much confusion in my head .

I have re-done port forwarding for CETON app on my PC and set up port forward using the HTTP( WWW) app on the BTHH5 , given it my desired name, set the port to 58xx and applied. The canyouseee me test now shows that port 58xx is not being blocked by ISP but I still do not get access from my android app on my phone when outside of the LAN.   I next placed the PC in the DMZ with no effect. I can still access via the LAN.

I feel I am running out of options ??

0 Ratings